Alloggio will only collect and hold Personal Information about you that is reasonably necessary to undertake our business activities and functions, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Why we collect Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information for one or more of the following reasons:
- providing our products or services to you;
- to assist with your queries;
- processing a booking or application that you have made;
- acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- for surveys, direct marketing, promotions or competitions;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
How we collect your Personal Information
We generally collect Personal Information directly from you, through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect Personal Information from third party contractors or agents who provide our products and services on our behalf.
What kinds of Personal Information we collect
The types of Personal Information that we collect may include your name, address, other contact details and other such information that is relevant for us to provide our products and services to you in the manner that you have requested, or to comply with the law.
We do not generally collect sensitive information from you; however, if you provide such information to us, we will only collect that information with your express consent and only where such information is reasonably required in order for us to provide our products or services to you (such as special access or assistance requirement due to a health condition). We shall not disclose sensitive information to any other party without your consent.
If you access our websites or any mobile applications ("apps"), we may collect additional Personal Information about you including:
- server address / IP address;
- date and time of visit;
- pages visited;
- documents downloaded;
- the site you visited prior to visiting our website;
- the browser that you are using to access our website;
- if you have visited our website before;
- tracking user preferences;
- location data.
Our web site may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect similar Personal Information described above, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
Failure to provide Personal Information
If the Personal Information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, or you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information that we have requested, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.
Dealing with Alloggio anonymously or through a pseudonym
Where possible you will have the option of interacting with us anonymously or through a pseudonym, however, where you are requesting products or services from us, it may become impracticable to provide those products or services to you without verifying your identity.
Dealing with Personal Information
Use and Disclosure
In order to provide products and services to you we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers, contractors, agents or other business partners who assist us in providing our products and services to you;
- external providers of services where you have engaged us to act as your agent;
- other service providers, who provide the various services that you have requested and we have arranged;
- our related bodies corporate;
- our professional advisers;
- an entity to whom we are required to disclose such information under law;
- other parties with your consent or direction.
We will only provide such Personal Information to those third parties as required to provide our products or services, unless otherwise authorised by you or required under applicable law.
Transfer of your Personal Information overseas
By engaging us to provide products or services to you and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information outside Australia, and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle your Personal
When you provide us with information about yourself, you will usually be given the option to let us know that you do not want that information to be used for direct marketing purposes. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing and make choices at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant communication, or by contacting our Privacy Officer. Our social media pages provide instructions as to how you can unsubscribe from the relevant social media website or page.
Integrity of Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We may store your Personal Information in different ways, including in paper form, electronic form, telephone recordings and utilising secure document retention services (including those located off-site). We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic (firewalls and access controls) and physical security measures. Notwithstanding these reasonable measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via our website, apps or email, cannot be guaranteed.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites or apps may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by third- party websites or other services. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Access and Correction
Information, we will provide you with a written explanation setting out the legal reasons for doing so.
Where you notify us that your Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information unless we are authorised not to do so by law. Should we decline your request to correct your Personal Information we will provide you with a written explanation setting out the legal reasons for doing so.
The Alloggio Privacy Officer
Att: Privacy Officer
840 Hunter Street, Newcastle, NSW 2300
If you are unhappy with a response that you have received from Alloggio, and if Privacy Act applies, you may direct your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) in Australia, or if the NZ Privacy Act applies, in New Zealand to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC). The details of the OAIC and OPC are as follows:
We reserve the right to disclose the information we collect from you as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the security and reliability of our website and to take precautions against liability. We may also disclose the information we collect from you to protect the safety of an individual and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, subpoena, search warrant, court order, or an investigation related to public safety.
*As amended 14th March 2019
"Legal Entities" refers to the listed legal entities below:
Alloggio Pty Limited
ABN: 68 603 067 303
840 Hunter Street, Newcastle, NSW 2300 Australia
Alloggio Hotels Pty Ltd
ABN: 42 798 557 425
840 Hunter Street, Newcastle, NSW 2300 Australia
- Aspire Mayfield - 11 Hanbury Street, Mayfield NSW 2304 Australia
- Alloggio Newcastle Beach - 21 Parnell Place, Newcastle NSW 2300 Australia
- Newcastle Accommodation Tighes Hill - 1 Elizabeth Street, Tighes Hill NSW 2297 Australia
- Studios on Beaumont - 76 Beaumont Street, Hamilton NSW 2303 Australia
- Bathurst Apartments - 44 Morisset Street, Bathurst NSW 2795 Australia
- Alloggio Tudor Hamilton - 27 Steel Street, Hamilton, NSW 2303 Australia
- Bega Downs Motor Inn - 8 High Street, Bega NSW 2550 Australia
- Alloggio Studios on King - 202 King Street, Newcastle, NSW 2300 Australia
- Alloggio Hanbury Mayfield - 87 Hanbury Street, Mayfield, Newcastle, NSW 2304 Australia
- Alloggio Hamilton Brisbane Airport - 560 Kingsford Smith Drive, Brisbane Airport, QLD 4007 Australia
- Alloggio Thornton - 21 Poynton Place, Thornton, NSW 2323 Australia